Monday, June 16, 2014

16 Jun DIY Recipes: Simmered pork belly

Didn't have much time to stay in kitchen for hours to cook dinner since I have lessons today, so decided to try cooking simmered pork belly for the first time. I could just leave it to simmer for 2 hours while I go about doing my stuff without having to be in kitchen physically. 

So off I went to grab some pork belly (sanmainiku). Cut it to 2 inch size cube and started frying with the fat side down till brown



Flip over to other side when the fat side has browned



Stir fry some sliced ginger, garlic and dried sardines (optional) . Add in sake and some water, salt n sugar before putting the meat back in.


I didn't have time to leave the meat to soak longer to absorb the flavor so I decided to serve with the sauce. 

I think it's a relative success for a first attempt:) 

Prob gonna modify the recipe abit more to make it richer with thicker sauce next time since that's how my man likes it better, though he happily polished everything off this round! 

No comments: